Thursday, April 10, 2008

Famous people galore...

Hi all! I'm blogging from the AOTA Expo Hall! I technically have lots to write about, but the Expo closes in 15 minutes AND my hotel charges too much for internet, BOO. Anyway, the highlights of today included meeting, in no particular order....my professor Rosemary (update: Rosemary was sad she didn't get any OMG's...I said it was because I see her daily, but for her sake....OMG x 10, 0000), CLAUDIA ALLEN!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG, Chris BLUHM (Chief Operating Officer of AOTA)!!! OMG OMG OMG!!! Linda Roccio of Gerontology Listserv Fame!! OMG OMG!!! Emily Harlow (AOTA rocker), Frank Gainer (AOTA rocker), and other people I can't remember right now. Still hunting down ol' Penny for her autograph. I did get Claudia Allen's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today has been great. It's been wonderful seeing all the energy of OTs all condensed into one place. The opening ceremony was especially great. Everybody gave great talks and I have to say, watching a ton of OTs getting jiggy in the aisles was pretty awesome as well. Warren McDonald was a wonderful speaker and very inspiring. And the Expo...AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGG. Amazing. I got to play with neat toys and try out the NeuroCom Balance System (Apparently I have vestibular issues), meet lots of wonderful people, get lots of random cool pens and such, and well, I could go on and on. And I will, ad nauseam, when I finally have access to Internet for more than like, three seconds. FUN DAY!!!

Karen Dobyns
UTHSC Memphis, MOT Student II
otstudents.blogspot.com
karen.dobyns@gmail.com

No comments: