Monday, April 7, 2008

"There is science, logic, reason; there is thought verified by experience. And then there is California." ~Edward Abbey

Hi!

I'm Maddie, an occupational therapy student at Boston University. I'm currently entering my final internship (at AOTA) and feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to experience my first AOTA conference as part of my internship!

I moved to the Washington D.C. area from Boston, MA last Thursday, after completing my previous internships. I must admit that I do miss working as an intern-- learning about OT, treating patients, and sharing thoughts with my supervisors and other staff. Yet, I realize that the AOTA conference will be quite an experience in and of itself, and both the conference and my final internship will undoubtedly enhance my interest in OT and confidence as a future practitioner.

As I prepare for my trip, I appreciate the fact that I will have a chance to reminisce with some classmates, friends, and professors, as well as a chance to meet students, faculty, occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants, and others who contribute to and work within the OT field.

I look forward to meeting those of you who will be attending conference and hearing from others via this blog.

I invite those of you who explore this blog to join me and my fellow bloggers on our journey to the 88th Annual AOTA Conference by viewing our comments through this blog! Please feel free to comment and ask questions.

Cheers!

Maddie, OTS
MSOT student, Boston University
pd.aota@gmail.com
mfmaglio@bu.edu

No comments: