Wednesday, April 9, 2008

What time is it?

I've finally arrived to Long Beach, CA! The weather is gorgeous here with bright blue skies and bright sun...but even with the nice weather, I'm finding that my jet lag has taken over and I'm struggling to stay awake and become accustomed to the time change.

I was able to register for the conference and upon my entrance ran into a former classmate and Wendy Coster (the director of the OT and Rehab Counseling program at Boston University (BU) and speaker for this year's Slagle lecture)! I was so surprised and happy to see both of them and share a little bit about my internship experiences thus far. I'm looking forward to hearing Wendy speak and catching up with more alumni, classmates, and professors from BU during conference.
I'm also looking forward to attending sessions, meeting my supervisor as well as others who are participating in the conference.

After registering and learning how to "scan" people in for events that I'll be helping out with, I took a stroll down Pine Ave. with my three roommates (all currently MSOT-2 students at BU) to grab something to eat. Along our way we ran into Ellen Cohn, one of my former professors, who directed us toward Pine Ave. There are many places to eat around here and the convention center is only a 10 minute walk from our hotel.

I'm so excited for opening day! I'll try to keep all of you posted on my experience here, but for now I'm going to catch up on some rest!



Maddie, OTS
MSOT student, Boston University

pd.aota@gmail.com

mfmaglio@bu.edu

No comments: